[mapguide-internals] MapGuide RFC 57 - Refining the linux buildprocess and generating install packages

Tom Fukushima tom.fukushima at autodesk.com
Wed Nov 26 16:49:40 EST 2008

Hi Zac,

My comments...

> As it was mentioned that 2.1 was going to appear as a beta (back in
> oct?) is the trunk in a
> reasonable state for branching off into a sandbox?
Yes

> What's the best approach with trac? a special milestone?
If you are planning to put some separate builds out to the community that are not part of the normal releases a special milestone might be best. We have the capability to create special milestones and version such as "cmake".  And then we can remove them later when no longer needed.

BTW, maybe we should be creating special milestones and versions for Maestro.  Maybe calling it "Maestro 1.0.9" or something like that.  Kenneth, I think you had asked for something like this before.  Well it seems that we can do it; are you interested?

Tom