[mapguide-internals] MapGuide RFC 52 - Remove GD Renderer

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 11:18:29 EDT 2008

My experience is that is a quite a performance hit with AGG, there is
the thread I started about why people haven't
upgraded to 2.0.x over on mapguide-users and whilst people are citing
FDO, I think it might be potentially AGG related

It was a while back, but i recall something along the lines of 20-30%
but it was quite while ago

Was there anything else between 1.2 and 2.0 which could be causing
this slow down?

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 6:51 AM, Jason Birch <Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca> wrote:
> I guess we haven't seen any conversation on this yet...
>
> I don't really see any real problems with this RFC.  AGG is generally
> superior for visual quality (with some oddities), and it appears to be
> similar for performance.

> From: Walt Welton-Lair
> Subject: [mapguide-internals] MapGuide RFC 52 - Remove GD Renderer
>
> I said I'd write a quick RFC, and here it is.
>
> Take a look at "RFC 52 - Remove GD Renderer" and provide your feedback.
>
> http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/MapGuideRfc52
>
> Thanks,
> Walt

Zac Spitzer -