[mapguide-internals] MGOS Live CD

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Wed Sep 10 11:46:56 EDT 2008

I have no problem with it being made available from the MapGuide section
of the OSGeo download server, just would want to try it out before the
project links to it / announces it on the project page.

Seems like there is a surfeit of LiveCDs these days :) (not a bad thing)
There's Ominiverdi's original version, yours, and now a third one being
put together for FOSS4G by LisaSOFT.  I'd encourage you and/or camp2camp
to join the discussion taking place on the OSGeo-Discuss mailing list;
they're talking about a BOF at FOSS4G2008, and the suggestion has been
made to add it to this page when organised:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G2008_BOF_Sessions

From: Gwenael Bachelot
Subject: RE: [mapguide-internals] MGOS Live CD

Of course, it makes sense to look at it before hosting it.
It's currently a 550 MB file. How do you want to try it ?

Would it make sense if I make it available to you Jason on a private
server, and if you agree it would be posted on OSGeo web server ?