[mapguide-internals] MapGuide Security model

Bruce Dechant bruce.dechant at autodesk.com
Thu Sep 11 13:02:44 EDT 2008

Hi Kenneth,

The current MapGuide security model has not been fully realized. When it was originally done it was kept simple and is somewhat ad-hoc. There has been talk of updating the existing security model, but that has not been done yet. You bring up some of the shortcomings of the existing model that need to be addressed. This is something that should be discussed with the community and the results turned into an RFC that updates the existing MapGuide security shortcomings and frustrations.

Thanks,
Bruce