[mapguide-internals] Re: RFC 71: Please review changes so far.

Christine Bao Christine.Bao at autodesk.com
Fri Aug 7 05:34:44 EDT 2009

Hi Jackie,

     About the "XmlHttpRequest is undefined" error in IE6, it may be caused by the way http request is created.

1.       ajaxmappane.templ and mainframe.templ they use:

var request = new XMLHttpRequest();

2.       printablepage.templ and selectwithinui.templ they use:
    if(msie)
        reqHandler = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP");
    else
        reqHandler = new XMLHttpRequest();

     They are not inconsistent. Some may cause the problem.

     I test a build a week ago and can reproduce the error you mentioned. However after I update to latest code, the error disappear. Would you please try?

Thanks & regards,
Christine