[mapguide-internals] MapGuide REST Extension

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Sun Feb 1 00:04:09 EST 2009

Hi all,

Haris Kurtagic of SL-King has been working on a REST extension for MapGuide, which basically exposes the individual features of MapGuide-authored FDO data sources as resources on the web.  The code is currently undergoing a major refactor to work around some limitations and make it ready for the open source community, so it probably won't be available for about a month.  However, in the hopes of gaining early feedback and generating interest, I've blogged about some of the technical details here:

http://tinyurl.com/mapguide-rest <http://tinyurl.com/mapguide-rest>

and you can see a live example on the City of Nanaimo's new "maps" site:

http://maps.nanaimo.ca/data/property/ <http://maps.nanaimo.ca/data/property/>

The beauty of this is that I didn't have to write any code, just had to do a bit of configuration.  As we get closer to being release-ready, I'll try to blog a series of short tutorials to cover the basics of configuration and how to work with this extension's Google CTemplate implementation.

If you have any questions or feature suggestions, please respond here or in my blog comments, and I'll do my best to respond.