=?gbk?Q?=BB=D8=B8=B4:RE:_[mapguide-internals]_How_can_MapGuide_?= =?gbk?Q?support_more_than=0964=09connections_on_Windows_=3F?=

sftp sftp at 163.com
Mon Feb 23 00:44:25 EST 2009

Trevor Wekel,
Thank you very much!
Several days ago, I just wanted to know how the MapGuide server controls the number of connections for Client,Admin,Site separately.
And i found no logic in the source code to limit the max connections for the services. So i read the source code of ClientAcceptor,ClientHandler and found ACE_Reactor and ACE_WFMO_Reactor ,then my original question came up.

Yesterday, i reread the source code and found the MgServerConnection implementation and found the sockets pool.

But i still have two question:
1. How did the MapGuide server control the max connections of each kind of service (client,admin,site)?
2. Imagine a extreme senario: If there are several WebTier process in the same/different machines, and they all have their own socket pool, if the sum of sockets are more than 64, the clientAcceptor can accept the connections, but the socket read/write operations will fail because the dispatcher can not dispatch more than 64 connections. Am i right?