[mapguide-internals] About the WiX installer

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Thu Feb 26 18:30:17 EST 2009

1. Yes, great idea.  That's been something I've been wanting for a _long_ time but wasn't able to figure out what the command line options to the ms build tools would have to be.  ADSK was going to contribute these, but turns out they're using a continuous build system not batch files :)

2.  If you can make that work, then more power to you.  Not being a developer, I wimped out from compiling and just grabbed from the previous installer.  Not having SVN cluttered with another (broken) copy of Apache would be a good thing.

Things only really get done in open source when developers feel empowered.  I'd suggest that you continue to talk about what you're doing here, but don't let it stop you from advancing unless there are radical shifts involved.  If you do something that is totally nuts, it can be rolled back :)

Jason