[mapguide-internals] DWF viewer - emap API calls

VOLZ Mark (FN) Mark.Volz at ergon.com.au
Thu Feb 26 21:37:54 EST 2009

Hi there I don't know if this is the right forum to ask the question but
I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
I work for a large electricity utility & I'm currently creating a large
mapguide site (1500+ user) using MGE2009 SP1. All the data is being
sourced from various oracle spatial data stores (including tables,
materlised views, views with DB links, function, etc, etc) and I am
having problems with the large server demands coming through from the
AJAX viewer (every mouse move event creates a spatial query being run) &
I won't even begin with the problems with the fusion pages when
accessing LARGE datasets. So we have started using the DWF viewer.
I was extremly happy with using it as the user interaction load ends up
on the cached data on the local machine so it enhances the user
experence (you are not waiting on server calls all the time) as well as
the decrease in server load. However there is no documentation (that I
can find) on the emap functions. I have looked through the latest
documentation on the autodesk website
(final_-_design_review_2009_api_reference.zip) and it is not mentioned
at all.
So I was wondering if anyone knew where this information can be accessed
from.
Cheers,
Mark

This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential or
privileged information and is intended for the sole use of the person(s) to
whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person
responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, please
notify the sender of the message or send an e-mail to
mailto:help.desk at ergon.com.au immediately, and delete all copies. Any
unauthorised review, use, alteration, disclosure or distribution of this
e-mail by an unintended recipient is prohibited. Ergon Energy accepts no
responsibility for the content of any e-mail sent by an employee which is of
a personal nature.

Ergon Energy Corporation Limited      ABN 50 087 646 062