[mapguide-internals] Motion: Give developers commit rights to work in a sandbox

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Jun 25 13:55:58 EDT 2009

Sandbox access for OpenLayers has been a free-for-the-asking thing and
it has worked extremely well in terms of getting folks involved in the
project.  Only a small percentage of folks getting sandboxes have
become core committers, but it has allowed non-committers to work with
committers on things like testing and documentation where the final
diff from a sandbox branch is then pulled as a patch, reviewed by the
committers and finally committed.

Assuming that we can set up a sandbox area in svn, I agree with
Kenneth that anyone who wants access should get access.  There do need
to be some guidelines for the sandbox - folks should create sub
folders with their user name and make copies within that directory
unless they are collaborating with several users for instance.

Paul