[mapguide-internals] Installer: Yeah baby!

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Thu Mar 12 01:47:26 EDT 2009

I'm having some problems with my 2003 install, but I think that perhaps
one of the authoring tools I tried against it messed up the repository.
It was initially loading the map, but now it just fails and doing
something like enumerateresources gives me a configuration error
regarding webconfig.ini; guessing it can't open a connection to the
server.  Will try rebuilding my repositories tomorrow and re-importing
the demo and see what happens.

The 2008 installer picks up IIS7 fine.  It needs to somehow check for
appropriate permissions because when it runs under UAC when not launched
with elevated permissions, it fails silently and rolls back.  The actual
IIS7 custom action doesn't seem to work; none of the IIS7 web site
settings seem to take.

Also, I noticed a local build error in MapGuide; it couldn't find a
reference for the ASP.Net web extension project (so I'm guessing that
they failed to build) and they don't show up in the installer either.
Maybe this is what's causing problems with the IIS7 config?