[mapguide-internals] Mapguide talking to the GDAL provider...

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Fri Mar 13 19:43:19 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I was running MG Server in interactive mode with CPL_DEBUG set to ON,
watching how the GDAL provider reacts to MapGuide queries.  On accessing
a new feature source, I'm seeing (cleaned up a bit):

  GDALOpen
  GDALClose
  An exception occurred in FDO component. Only MOSAIC(), CLIP() and
RESAMPLE() are supported.
  GDALOpen ...

So I'm guessing that MapGuide is using some function that the FDO
provider does not support before it makes its RESAMPLE function call.

I'm looking at \Server\src\Services\Mapping\MappingUtil.cpp around line
611 which I think is where MapGuide gets the data, but I can't figure
out what is causing the exception.

Does anyone have any insight on what might be causing this exception,
and whether there may be some performance concerns because of this?