[mapguide-internals] Default installation location for data directories

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Tue Mar 24 18:32:57 EDT 2009

I believe LocalAppDataFolder varies based on the install type.  I think that if the Package's InstallPrivileges is not set to "limited" then it's not per-user.

The main problem with ProgramFiles is that it's not writable by default under UAC.  On w2k8 or Vista, if you download a file into Packages without elevating first, it won't be visible to the server.

At this point I don't really care about this all that much; in the future it may affect our support load.