[mapguide-internals] RFC 60 patch uploaded - Important Remarks

UV uvwild at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 00:56:42 EDT 2009

Important remark for the patch....

For instructive reasons I included a Server solution using folders to
group the list of projects.
The linear list of projects was too long for me to handle on a daily
basis. This can be checked in in parallel to the other solution.
My experience tells that having a number of different solutions with
good names are very helpful......
Similar changes to the Postbuild.mak.... cleanup... logical
grouping...etc.... just help people making sense of too long lists.

I can post them separately as they are not functionally involved if you
like
this leaves you with 5 -6 classes only.

This all pays back later when people have it easier to use.... only done
partially for the debug part...
I introduced a variable so the solution can build straight into the
standard MGOS deployment directory....
I believe a devel setup thats worth keeping somehow....

In the moment I am looking at memory issues. I was struggling with SVN
yesterday so I cannot pinpoint as yet.
My testcase ( a certain scaleRange blows up the server to 1.5GB
memory.... thats not acceptable)

So if you guys have a look at the AGGImageIo mainly where there are 3
options how to use memory we might make
progress...

Thanks for your support.