[mapguide-internals] RE: PATCH: Raster stability fixes, ticket#462

Haris Kurtagic haris at sl-king.com
Sun Mar 29 04:54:03 EDT 2009

Hi Traian,
by just adding ref count to FDO GDA provider you did went into lock,
with single connection to provider.
That is where connection manager is wrong, it was constantly waiting for
connection (it is not problem of guard in stylization).
By enabling connection pooling it is still single thread because
provider itself is single threaded.
With only ref count in FDO GDAL , MG will not work properly.

I think we need to slow down a bit and find a solution for all issues we
have there. It is a connected problem and we need to find solution for
few related problems.

- Connection manager not using connection ref count for deciding
used/unused connections
- Really allow executing of single threaded providers
- I have feeling that because some problems previously were tried to
solve too quickly we ended up with gdal blocked all the way, perhaps
that is not needed.

Haris