[mapguide-internals] Is 2.1 going to support 64-bit

Helio Chissini de Castro helio at kde.org
Mon Mar 30 19:42:34 EDT 2009

On Segunda-feira 30 Março 2009, Bruce Dechant wrote:
> Zac,
>
> 2.1 won't support 64bit as it requires a switch to ACE5.6. We are currently
> on ACE5.4. The plan is to update to ACE5.6 after 2.1 is released as we
> don't want to destabilize 2.1 by switching ACE versions this close to
> release.
>
> Thanks,
> Bruce

ACE indeed is not an issue, since i already did a 64 bit compilation, working.
The real issue is dbxml, which can't be upgraded from the internal one and any
small minor version change on the base db cause the most unusual crashes.

64 bits in linux is doable, but requires a little effort and i don't think
would be possible for a mapguide release

--
Helio Chissini de Castro
KDE Developer