[mapguide-internals] PATCH: Raster stability fixes, ticket#462

Crispin_at_1Spatial crispin.hoult at 1spatial.com
Tue Mar 31 14:49:05 EDT 2009

All,

With two hats on - as a developer (ex-developer) and PM for some of our MapGuide implementations I too think it is important to be releasing MG 2.1 beta as stable as possible and then reviewing blockers.

At present if I were looking an new technology to adopt one of the things I would be looking at would be the release-cycle and patching.  If something is released little and often with hotfixes on the way I am more likely to support it than a solution that has an annual big bang (no-names here).

We find that careful data management and application development on what we know and understand can deliver a stable MapGuide based solution... however, just based on the trac roadmap page there are approximately 191 issues we are therefore not implementing, working around or just being lucky in not hitting at the moment.  IMHO there is some great stuff in this release with a lot of hard work by some very clever people and I would like to set about testing and using it.

 Crispin