[mapguide-internals] Installer status

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Mon May 18 13:07:55 EDT 2009

I'm not sure.

That does seem a bit insane, but I don't know what levels of redundant temp files NSIS (compressed EXE) and the bootstrapper (bundles up vc runtime) add on top of the msi process.

I know I tried everything I could think of to get the installer to report a lower (than 1.4) requirement, but failed.

You can unpack the EXE using a recent version of 7-zip, and pull the MSI and VC runtime out to run directly...

Jason