[mapguide-internals] Getting Layer and Group ids from Viewer Server Side Components.

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 20:00:25 EDT 2009

in php based off some of the samples

$layerCollection = $map->GetLayers();
PrintLayerCollection($layerCollection);
$map->Save($resourceService, $mapStateId);

function PrintLayerCollection($layerCollection)
{
        for ($i = 0; $i < $layerCollection->GetCount(); $i++)
        {
            $layer = $layerCollection->GetItem($i);
            PrintLayer($layer);
        }
}

function PrintLayer($layer)
{
    echo $layer->GetName() . ':'.$layer->GetObjectId() . ";\n";
}

On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 10:34 PM, Carl Jokl<carl.jokl at keynetix.com> wrote:

> I am currently working on some .Net based stress testing tools. I have used
> and example MapGuide testing Grinder application. I adapted a lot of this to
> work with our existing .Net based MapGuide framework. One thing I still need
> to do though if have a way to get hold of layer ids (and group ids) for use
> in the code for turning layers and groups on and off. It seems that these
> ids seem to be generated when the application is running. Logically if the
> AJAX viewer has access to them it must have been able to get hold of them
> from one of the server data pages or data portals. The question is how to
> invoke the server in a similar fashion to which Ajax viewer does to get hold
> of the layer and layer group ids for the currently loaded map in the current
> session.
>
> Has anyone done this. I am going to look at the client side JavaScript code
> to try and find clues but if anyone has already done this they might be able
> to give me some pointers.
> --

Zac Spitzer -
http://zacster.blogspot.com