[mapguide-internals] Re: Maestro Templates and Functionality

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 03:36:06 EDT 2010

Hi Crispin,

>From my analysis of the Maestro source code so far there are two types of
templates. API templates and resource templates.

API templates are used to create a resource object in the Maestro API with
sensible default values.

Resource templates are used to give a useful "starting point" for any new
resource in Maestro. When Maestro starts up, it scans for all available
resource templates and creates a "Create New Resource" entry for each
template found. So when you create a new resource of type XXX, the matching
resource template is saved to the session repository and then opened with
the registered editor (or the XML editor if no registered editor is found).

Neither template uses any placeholders to my knowledge.

Hope that helps,