[mapguide-internals] Review RFC 108 - support Watermark

Jason Birch jason at jasonbirch.com
Tue Aug 10 13:50:31 EDT 2010

Thank you Spark, I like how this has been done.

I do have some feedback:

In LayerDefinition, there is entity WMSOnly.  Would it be reasonable to have
this as WatermarkUsage, with WatermarkUsageType of "WMS, Layer, All"?  I
would have said Both, but never know where else support for these may be
added in the future (KML?).

In WatermarkDefinition WatermarkUnitType, would it be possible to align this
to be a superset of LayerDefinition's LenthUnitType (adding percent and
picas I think)?  Are these two additional units necessary?

Would it be possible to provide some illustrations or usage examples of the
WatermarkDefinition resource type, specifically how horizontal and vertical
positioning work?  I'm having difficulty fitting the pieces together and
understanding how you could, for instance, define watermarks independently
on layers without worrying that they will overlap each other when other
users add these layers to maps.

If multiple layers in the same request (in a single Map, or single WMS call
with multiple "LAYERS=" values) refer to the same Watermark resource ID,
will only one be rendered?

Jason

2010/8/10 Spark Liu