[mapguide-internals] Official MIME type for MapGuide packages!

Jason Birch jason at jasonbirch.com
Wed Jul 21 18:27:42 EDT 2010

Well, after a somewhat exhausting process, our application for an official
IANA MIME type for MapGuide packages has born fruit!

http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/application/vnd.osgeo.mapguide.package

The benefit of this is that we can configure servers with this MIME type
and, because it's not a generic type, crappy browsers will not override it
with content sniffing and present as zip file instead.

I'm going to request that the SAC add this to the download server's
mime.types file so our sample data is downloaded properly.