[mapguide-internals] Re: Review RFC 108 - support Watermark

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 05:57:36 EDT 2010

Hi Buddy,

Some questions:

 1. Could we get a sample of what the new/affected XSDs will look like? I
assume the MapDefinition schema will be revised as well.

 2. I'm not comfortable with having dwf as the data store for watermark
images, because Maestro currently does not have the ability to modify DWF
content. This is why there is no support for dwf-based symbol libraries
currently in Maestro (the sandbox version has browsing support for dwf
symbol libraries using a neat hack using Drawing Service APIs, but no
write/update support). Could we not store watermark images as resource data
of the Watermark resource instead? In fact, if there is going to be a 1:1
relationship between a Watermark definition (let's call it) and a watermark
image, I would *insist* that the watermark image be stored as resource data.