[mapguide-internals] Progress on 2.2 Beta builds

Trevor Wekel trevor_wekel at otxsystems.com
Fri Mar 5 16:14:50 EST 2010

Hi everyone,

I just thought I would give a quick update on the builds preparation for the MapGuide 2.2 beta.

After far too many hours, I have set up a private VLAN at my colocation site with the following VMs:

1. Active Directory Domain controller (pdc)
	a. This machine manages user accounts and passwords for the build machines.

2. Windows build machine (mg22win2008)
	a. This is a Windows 2008 Web Edition 64 bit VM used for the Windows builds.
	b. Visual Studio 2008 has been installed
	c. The rest of the build tool stack still needs to be installed (Perl, Doxygen, Wix, etc)

3. Subversion mirror (svn)
	a. The MetaCRS, fusion, FDO, and MapGuide repositories are mirrored in their entirety.
	b. The primary OSGeo repositories are polled a few times daily for updates.
	c. The UUIDs have been set correctly to ensure that 'svn switch --relocate' works properly.

4. CentOS 5.4 i386/i686 build machine (mg22cent5)
	a. The operating system has been installed and authentication against pdc has been setup
	b. Installation of build tool stack is underway

5. Ubuntu 9.10 i386/i686 packaging machine (mg22ubuntu9)
	a. The operating system has been installed.
	b. Authentication against pdc has not been setup and needs to be researched further.
	c. Debian packaging tool stack has been installed

Eventually, these machines may also be used for the official open source FDO builds.  I have already opened up a discussion on fdo-internals regarding FDO build infrastructure.

For Ubuntu, I have a workable DEB packaging scheme set up for FDO.  However, since we cannot easily build MapGuide on Ubuntu due to gcc 4.4 compatibility issues with the Oem tree, the DEB packages will just contain binaries build on CentOS 5.  I will try post some "unofficial" DEBs based on FDO 3.5.0 RC1 early next week.

If no one else has already done it, I will take a run at the Windows installer later in the week followed by DEB packages for MapGuide.

If anyone wants to help out with the builds or needs access to the build machines, please send me a private email.