[mapguide-internals] MapGuide OSM Sample Project

Traian Stanev traian.stanev at autodesk.com
Sat Mar 27 17:50:42 EDT 2010

I agree that OSM is perhaps not very relevant for the average MapGuide user (which is partly why I gave up :)). Maybe if someone wanted to use MapGuide's RenderingService as a pre-rendering backend for large scale map tiles, or to visualize OSM itself... But there are already dedicated renderers for OSM which produce similar quality to MapGuide, and there must be a way to directly consume their output as a backdrop in a MapGuide map -- that approach would be less effort.

Traian

P.S. By the way, a cool use for OSM is an offline maps application for Android, as shown here http://www.mapdroyd.com/