[mapguide-internals] Re: Hard coded coordsys path for Linux

Trevor Wekel trevor_wekel at otxsystems.com
Mon Mar 29 18:03:22 EDT 2010

I figured I would give a little update on the Linux builds.  I haven't checked any of this in yet but it is getting close (too much testing...):

1. I was able to remove the hardcoded path to /usr/local/mapguideopensource/share/gis/coordsys in CoordinateSystem/CoordSysEnvVariable.h and use environment variables instead.

2. The script that build Apache/Tomcat/Php "build_apt.sh" was an absolute mess.  It was out of date, didn't use the mapagent Apache module, and was incomplete for the Java/Tomcat setup.

3.  I was able to remove the Redirect for Java/Tomcat and replace it with a RewriteRule.  This keeps the browser URL intact for Apache/Tomcat setup.

4.  Installation into arbitrary directories on Linux should now be possible with appropriate "prefix" definitions.

If anyone wants to do a code review of all this stuff before I check it into trunk, please let me know.