[mapguide-internals] Location of httpd.conf for Windows/Apache

Dave Wilson dave.wilson at autodesk.com
Tue Mar 30 16:41:27 EDT 2010

I logged a defect regarding the workers.properties file for connecting to Tomcat via Apache. You may want to see if this is an issue in OSGeo as well:

The workers.properties file found in the Apache2/conf folder contains 3 settings that were deprecated in version 1.2.16

worker.worker1.cachesize
worker.worker1.cache_timeout
worker.worker1.recycle_timeout

are all deprecated. There are newer settings discussed here:

http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/workers.html

The above settings are useless and in fact cachesize is flagged explicitly not to be used "Do not use cachesize with values higher then 1 on Apache 2.x prefork or Apache 1.3.x!"
We should review our worker settings and determine what the corrrect settings should be. For example lbfactor does not seem to apply in our configuration.
Various errors appear on the mod_jk.log as a result of the settings. They appear to cause connection issues with Tomcat which may be causing failures.
So far the only settings I think we need are as follows:

# Define 1 real worker using ajp13
worker.list=worker1

# Set properties for worker1 (ajp13)
worker.worker1.type=ajp13