[mapguide-internals] Re: MapGuide 2.2 RC1 build

Crispin_at_1Spatial crispin.hoult at 1spatial.com
Thu Oct 7 11:56:56 EDT 2010

I have left a couple of very simple maps (one layer in each, one to KingOra
and one to SDF) open all day to check the "Keep Alive" - very nice...

What I have noticed though is that although I have not been panning /
zooming I have been selecting and de-selecting a lot (nice new multi-select
AJAX UI) and the MapGuide memory has been slowly but surely rising all
day...

Nothing rigorous - just watching the Task Manager "Working Set" but it's
gone up 15MB with one user and not a lot of interaction.  When a big
selection is de-selected the memory drops but then increments again a moment
later.  Picking in "white space" also seems to not free properly.

Anyone else see anything like this?
Is it MapGuide or the providers?
I guess it could be multiple connections opening and not closing until the
session times out?