[mapguide-internals] Re: The selection of a feature appears to be inefficient

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 19:40:47 EDT 2010

The underlying problem is that the native selection APIs
(MgFeatureInformation) only returns properties of *one* selected feature,
regardless of how many objects you have selected.

I thought up of a possible solution to your 3rd point, but then once again
realised that MgFeatureInformation lacks the required information (centroid
for zooming to the selected feature). Ugh!

We really need a "one stop shop" for all your feature selection and tooltip
processing needs, unfortunately the native selection APIs is not it and
RFC71 while solving the limitations of MgFeatureInformation, has introduced
some unnecessary server round-trips as you rightly pointed out.

Thoughts?