[mapguide-internals] Memory leakage in WebTier (Java)

Andreas Morf a.morf at fkl.ch
Thu Sep 2 14:49:02 EDT 2010

Walt,
I'm aware of this since quite a while but according to SWIG manual
(http://www.swig.org/Doc1.3/Java.html#memory_management) this is default
behaviour/semantics of SWIG-Java. I thought that Mg-developers are aware of
this and continued investigating in C++ code...

This default behaviour may be overridden with a %newobject annotation at all
unmananged object delivery methods - silly queston of java programmer: how
to locate them?

Why does SWIG-C# handle this different (there is now equivalent swig-c# doc
about that aspect)?

Andreas