[mapguide-internals] MapGuide 2.2 RC1 build in two weeks

Trevor Wekel trevor_wekel at otxsystems.com
Fri Sep 10 12:26:48 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

I am going to do some work on the MapGuide 2.2 RC1 build over the next couple of weeks with the target of releasing the MapGuide 2.2 RC1 build by September 24th.  In my opinion, these are the critical items holding up the build:

1. FDO 3.5 RC2(?) build
2. The entire Java Web Extensions API leaks objects (mapguide-internals discussion)
3. http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/1423 Linux std::string not thread safe
4. http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/1382 Undefined symbols in FDO PostGIS e FDO PostgreSQL/PostGIS providers
5. Upgrade 32 bit installer binaries to Apache 2.2.15 (currently 2.2.11)
6. Upgrade 32 bit and 64 bit installer binaries to PHP 5.3.3 (assuming VC9 thread-safe binaries are available)

Is there anything else we need to put into the RC1 build?  I will concentrate my efforts on items 1 to 4 and could use some help with the last two.

Thanks!