[mapguide-internals] embedded viewer in VB app

VOLZ Mark (FN) Mark.Volz at ergon.com.au
Sun Apr 17 22:20:55 EDT 2011

Folks,

Just wondering if anyone has tried to embed a mapguide viewer into a
vb/c++ app.

I've been given a task to integrate our operating diagrams into our
outage management system.

The required interaction is: as the user selects an object in the
mapguide viewer I need to pass back to the calling form certain fields
which will call different procedures in the form.

I've had it running using the emap viewer code by that is obviously no
longer available.

The only solution that I can think of is to generate dwf from the MG
server, place it on the disk, open that dwf in the form and use the dwf
API calls to get the selected info.

Any thoughts comments would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Mark

This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential or privileged information and is intended for the sole use of the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, please notify the sender of the message or send an e-mail to mailto:help.desk at ergon.com.au immediately, and delete all copies. Any unauthorised review, use, alteration, disclosure or distribution of this e-mail by an unintended recipient is prohibited. Ergon Energy accepts no responsibility for the content of any e-mail sent by an employee which is of a personal nature.

Ergon Energy Corporation Limited      ABN 50 087 646 062