[mapguide-internals] Raster Quality and Stability - RFC and Funding

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 22:47:42 EDT 2011

Hi Crispin,

this is a great idea, is the intention to just expose more of
the existing core GDAL functionality, or to add additional
support atop GDAL in the mapguide codebase?

As part of this effort, it would be good to author a detailed
raster sample set which uses a range of raster datasources,
like topographic, dem and satellite which some vector as
well which is large enough for proper testing which we can
then also use for benchmarking.

Would this RFC involve adding a range of options to the layer definition?