[mapguide-internals] Raster Quality and Stability - RFC and Funding

Trevor Wekel trevor_wekel at otxsystems.com
Mon Aug 15 12:02:26 EDT 2011

Hi Zac and list,

My preliminary analysis has suggested that we add a "resampleMethod" element to the MapGuide layer definition (grid layer) and extend the FDO RESAMPLE function to take an optional argument for the resample method.  I will write more details into the FDO and MapGuide RFCs if we can get sufficient sponsorship funding for the project.

I currently have the project broken into three main phases.  Any "spare time" left over will be spent on improving multithreaded performance and stability.  As part of the development cycle, one or more 64 bit Windows builds (from trunk) will be posted for testing purposes.

Phases with estimates:

Design and RFC work for FDO and MapGuide: $3300 CAD
FDO Implementation: $4800 CAD
MapGuide Implementation (including Maestro): $5000 CAD