[mapguide-internals] Please review http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/attachment/ticket/1793/MG_WMSTimeout.patch

Trevor Wekel trevor_wekel at otxsystems.com
Mon Aug 29 11:24:35 EDT 2011

This would also be appropriate for WFS and should follow "provider specific" semantics like the DataConnectionPoolSizeCustom directive in serverconfig.ini.  We can add a note to the documentation that this is only supported for WMS and WFS.  Personally, I believe  "FDOConnectionTimeoutCustom=OSGeo.WMS:60" is a more self documenting than "FDOConnectionTimeout=60".  The latter also implies that it is applicable to all providers.

Overall, the patch is good.  Adding a few lines to parse "provider specific" timeout values shouldn't be too much overhead.