[mapguide-internals] Re-discussing RFC 111

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 22:44:33 EDT 2011

Hi All,

The release of Subversion 1.7 has overhauled the working metadata storage
mechanism and as a result, has somewhat monkey-wrenched the original plan
for RFC 111.

A working copy checked out under svn 1.7 no longer keeps a .svn directory
per directory in the working copy, instead only having a single top-level
.svn directory for metadata storage. If the installer was built from a svn
1.7 working copy, this will un-doubtedly be un-usable for anybody with a
pre-1.7 svn client

So what choices do we have now?

 1. Keep the original plans as-is, but we need to ensure that the machine
that will build the official installer is building from a pre-1.7 svn
working copy, and we need to make it clear to end users that if they have a
1.7+ svn client, they will need to do a svn upgrade of these viewer file
directories to take advantage.

 3. Use a real VCS that doesn't break things like git/mercurial :P

Thoughts?