[mapguide-internals] Active Developers?

Craig Miller craig.miller at spatialminds.com
Sun May 13 23:43:38 EDT 2012

I'm looking for an honest appraisal of the current state of the MapGuide OS community.  My "seat of the pants" evaluation is that the project had a great entrance into the OS Geo community but hasn't really gathered much steam since then.  The online resources for getting started are almost all dated in the 2007-2009 time period, and the roadmap indicates that releases have been small, incomplete, and/or missed entirely.

Is MapGuide OS growing and maturing?  If not, why do you think that is?  It's clearly a great product with both a lot of features today and a solid architecture for growth/scalability in the future.

As a former Autodesker, I'm considering using MG Open Source as the basis for the server side piece of an upcoming app.  I'm a bit reluctant though, and am looking for re-assurance that the project is active, lively, and moving forward.

Craig

Craig Miller
http://spatialminds.com