[mapguide-internals] Requirements for a MgSerializable derived class that travels between server/web tiers

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 05:07:48 PDT 2013

Just to give more information:

Something is strange about Serialize/Deserialize in the MgTile class I've
implemented.

Stepping through Serialize while debugging the server tier, all members are
written to the MgStream without any exceptions. So it *appears* the MgTile
is being returned from the server tier in one piece.

Stepping through Deserialize while debugging through the web tier (attached
to httpd.exe), it deserializes the MgByteReader member, but throws
MgInvalidStreamHeaderException on the MgDateTime one. Stepping through the
code before the exception is thrown it appears that the argument packet for
the MgDateTime member is either missing or corrupted as the argument packet
does not come out as a class id argument packet, which would've instructed
the MgStream to then be passed over to our empty MgDateTime member for
deserialization.

Still can't figure out what could be missing.