[mapguide-internals] PSC overhaul

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 01:09:34 PDT 2014

Ok, if nobody opposes. I propose the following process for overhauling the
PSC:

 1. The existing PSC will be dissolved. Kevin Campbell will be automatically
appointed to the new PSC as the Autodesk-representative member, leaving 7
free slots to be filled.
 2. The community will be polled for people who they want to nominate to
represent the PSC. After a week of polling, we'll have a list of potential
PSC nominees. People on this list can then state whether they want to remain
on this list or not.
 3. For the people still on the list, the community will then vote on who
they want to represent the PSC. After a week of polling, the first 7 people
on this list with the most votes will be appointed.
 4. From this new 8-member PSC, an appropriate chairperson will be
nominated.
 5. And hopefully, this new PSC will be more proactive in moving the
MapGuide project forward.