[mapguide-internals] Patch for ticket 2492 (Reclaim dangling sockets on mgserver restart)

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 01:06:04 PDT 2014

Hi All,

I've made a patch for ticket 2492

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/2492

This will fix the case where the mgserver process on Linux dies on segfault
and we cannot immediately restart the mgserver process because the system
will report that the ports are still in use.

Before this patch, we had to wait several minutes for the dangling ports to
be cleaned up by the system. With this patch, these dangling ports will be
reclaimed on mgserver startup.

Please review. Thanks.