[mapguide-internals] MapGuide RFC 155 - Upgrade Apache, Tomcat and PHP

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 18:53:30 PST 2016

That thread
(http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/MSVC-2015-and-Apache-PHP-on-Windows-tp5237595.html)
was about what to do given MGOS 3.1 release will now be using MSVC 2015 and
there are no equivalent MSVC 2015 builds of PHP to match. In the past, we've
been fortunate that official windows builds of PHP used the same MSVC
compiler version that MapGuide was on.

Technically speaking, this isn't a deal breaker, as Apache/PHP integrate
with MapGuide through C (and not C++) APIs, the difference in MSVC compilers
used to build the various bits should not matter. Since nobody responded on
that thread, my stance has been to leave things as they are (staying on our
current major.minor versions of Apache/PHP/Tomcat). This RFC is just to make
sure we are on the latest point releases of the respective web tier
components.

The only real consequence here is that the windows installer for 3.1 will be
bloated up a bit to include MSVC redist installers for both 2012 and 2015.