[mapguide-trac] #193: Rendering: JPG and GIF output do not use transparency over background areas

MapGuide Open Source trac_mapguide at osgeo.org
Tue Jun 5 13:07:12 EDT 2007

#193: Rendering:  JPG and GIF output do not use transparency over background
areas
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
   Reporter:  jbirch   |       Owner:
       Type:  defect   |      Status:  new
  Component:  General  |     Version:  1.2.0
   Severity:  major    |    Keywords:
External_id:           |
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
 I have been attempting to use the JPG output format to reduce image size.

 I noticed that, unlike the PNG format, the JPG and GIF formats do not
 appear to respect the background colour when rendering a feature that has
 an transparency value set, and instead renders any portion of the feature
 overlapping background areas at full-saturation.

 I believe that the behaviour of the PNG format, to honour the background
 colour when applying transparency, is more appropriate.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/193>
MapGuide Open Source <http://mapguide.osgeo.org/>