[mapguide-trac] #490: MgUnclassifiedException thrown by FdoISelect::Execute not being caught by MgMappingUtil::ExecuteFeatureQuery

MapGuide Open Source trac_mapguide at osgeo.org
Mon Mar 10 14:02:39 EDT 2008

#490: MgUnclassifiedException thrown by FdoISelect::Execute not being caught by
MgMappingUtil::ExecuteFeatureQuery
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
   Reporter:  tonyfang         |       Owner:  tonyfang
       Type:  defect           |      Status:  new
  Component:  Mapping Service  |     Version:  2.0.0
   Severity:  major            |    Keywords:
External_id:  1051577          |
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 In MgMappingUtil::ExecuteFeatureQuery , the call to
 svcFeature->SelectFeatures can throw an MgUnclassifiedException. The try-
 catch was only catching MgFdoException. Thus the exception would not get
 caught, and propagate up into the catch of MgMappingUtil::StylizeLayers,
 which would result in an error log entry.

 The fix is to change it to catch an MgException. Then the
 MgUnclassifiedException is caught. The next call to
 svcFeature->SelectFeatures (using MgFeatureSpatialOperations::Intersects)
 succeeds.

 I also noticed a similar call in MgMappingUtil::ExecuteRasterQuery. We
 should make the same change there as well – to be consistent, and just in
 case an MgUnclassifiedException occurs there too.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/490>
MapGuide Open Source <http://mapguide.osgeo.org/>