[mapguide-trac] #502: Feature Join rendering can be momentarily broken due to incorrect case on secondary attribute

MapGuide Open Source trac_mapguide at osgeo.org
Mon Mar 17 01:05:35 EDT 2008

#502: Feature Join rendering can be momentarily broken due to incorrect case on
secondary attribute
------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
   Reporter:  jng       |       Owner:
       Type:  defect    |      Status:  new
  Component:  General   |     Version:  2.0.0
   Severity:  critical  |    Keywords:  feature join
External_id:            |
------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
 Consider a primary feature source with the following sample data.

 ||ID||
 ||A001||
 ||A002||
 ||A003||
 ||A004||
 ||A005||
 ||A006||
 ||....||
 ||A194||

 Now consider that we are joining to a secondary feature source via ODBC,
 with the following sample data.

 ||ID||Value||
 ||A001||A||
 ||A002||C||
 ||A003||A||
 ||....||..||
 ||A015||B||
 ||a016||C||
 ||A017||A||
 ||A018||C||
 ||....||..||
 ||A044||A||

 Suppose now we create a layer off of this joined feature source and
 theming on the values of the "Value" property, including a default style.

 If you preview this layer, you'll notice a "break" at A016 (as it doesn't
 have a corresponding match) which is fine, but a fair amount of features
 "after" A016 (number unknown) will also be NULL on the ODBC side, until
 rendering resumes normally, see attached image for a visual explaination.

 If you were to view this data via the schema report, the joined class
 would look something like...

 ||A001||A001||A
 ||A002||A002||C
 ||A003||A003||A
 ||A015||A015||B
 ||A016||NULL||NULL   <--- Correct, there is no corresponding match
 ||A017||NULL||NULL   <--- This is not correct, there is a corresponding
 match.
 ||A018||NULL||NULL   <--- Ditto
 .... Some features later....
 ||A044||A044||A

 If the a016 was changed to A016 on the ODBC side, the feature join will
 render normally.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/502>
MapGuide Open Source <http://mapguide.osgeo.org/>