[mapguide-trac] #502: Feature Join rendering can be momentarily broken due to incorrect case on secondary attribute

MapGuide Open Source trac_mapguide at osgeo.org
Mon Mar 24 17:47:14 EDT 2008

#502: Feature Join rendering can be momentarily broken due to incorrect case on
secondary attribute
 Reporter:  jng           |         Owner:  brucedechant
     Type:  defect        |        Status:  reopened
Changes (by brucedechant):

  * status:  closed => reopened
  * resolution:  wontfix =>

Comment:

 In 1st reading this I missed a very important detail.
 Thank you for pointing that out.

 I had a look at the code and the problem is the way the join algorithm
 tries to do a match. It essentially tries to compare A016 with a016 and
 doesn't match so it ends up advancing the primary and tries to find
 something that matches with a016, but because of the way string
 comparisons work all the capital letters are less than all of the lower
 cse letters and so everything in the primary after this point never finds
 a match in the secondary.

 I am going to reopen this as it is definitely a defect.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/502#comment:4>
MapGuide Open Source <http://mapguide.osgeo.org/>