[mapguide-trac] #911: Installer: install rolls back on systems without MFC installed, even with MSMs

MapGuide Open Source trac_mapguide at osgeo.org
Tue Mar 17 14:10:15 EDT 2009

#911: Installer: install rolls back on systems without MFC installed, even with
MSMs
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  jbirch     |         Owner:
     Type:  defect     |        Status:  new
Comment (by jbirch):

 By applying this patch and then removing the code that adds the MFC MSM
 (leaving the CRT MSM in place), I was able to get installers to work
 correctly on clean machines, and also remove about 10Mb from the
 installer.

 I think the MFC install may have been conflicting with the CRT install,
 because before I removed the MFC MSM I had to manually install the VC2008
 SP1 runtime to get the server service to start.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/911#comment:1>
MapGuide Open Source <http://mapguide.osgeo.org/>