[mapguide-trac] #1235: Maestro: Package modification utility adds "DeleteResource" operations for everything when saving

MapGuide Open Source trac_mapguide at osgeo.org
Fri Jan 8 16:07:59 EST 2010

#1235: Maestro: Package modification utility adds "DeleteResource" operations for
everything when saving
 Reporter:  jbirch   |         Owner:  ksgeograf
     Type:  defect   |        Status:  new
Changes (by jbirch):

  * summary:  Maestro: any way to not have folders delete before creation
              when generating packages? => Maestro: Package
              modification utility adds "DeleteResource"
              operations for everything when saving
  * type:  enhancement => defect
  * severity:  trivial => minor

Old description:

> I just managed to destroy an hour's work by restoring a package that
> contained a subset of my data.  I believe that this is because
> intermediate folder resources had DeleteResource calls attached to them.
> It would be good if there was some way of suppressing these when creating
> packages.

New description:

 When I modified a package and restored it, it destroyed everything in my
 repository other than what was in the package.  This is because the
 package modification utility adds DeleteResoure calls to all resources
 (including folders) in the output package when it saves.  This is
 undesirable behaviour in many cases.

Comment:

 I thought I was going nuts, because the checkbox is actually TO delete
 folders, and the default is not to delete.

 But I remember I had been playing around with modifying the package.  The
 package modifier appears to throw in the DeleteResource operations by
 default.

 I'm going to update the ticket title and description to match.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/1235#comment:2>
MapGuide Open Source <http://mapguide.osgeo.org/>