[mapguide-trac] #1239: On Centos 5.4 x86, Mapguide 2.0.2 Java API crashes Java VM. In debug mode of web throws an exception

MapGuide Open Source trac_mapguide at osgeo.org
Mon Jan 11 23:39:09 EST 2010

#1239: On Centos 5.4 x86, Mapguide 2.0.2 Java API crashes Java VM. In debug mode
of web throws an exception
 Reporter:  rksingh05       |         Owner:
     Type:  defect          |        Status:  new
Comment (by rksingh05):

 Tom -  thanks. Give me one day - basically we are going beta (and started
 moving from windows to linux for that) when we noticed the problem. As I
 mentioned the complete debug build works so focussing on that. I intend to
 debug this and do step thru/purify like check and will get back to you,
 but some start up assistance will be mucho useful:

 - I am unfamiliar with code structure of Mapguide - is there is any design
 and code structure doc I can access (at this point I will restrict myself
 to the Java web interfacing which I guess means Common and Web)
 - I am fish out of water on linux - are there make scripts available on
 svn (or should I just continue with the ones provided with the tar file)
 - Any pointers on 'free' purify like tool for linux
 - Is the tar the latest source code on 2.0.2 branch (we are stuck at 2.0.2
 currently because of studio/maestro compat issues)

 Finally we did another test and now I am not even sure about the whole
 system's install. Basically a JNI test (tutorial sample from sun) also
 crashed twice in tomcat's context (but not standalone) - have opened a
 request with Sun to see if they are aware of any issues.

 Thx.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/1239#comment:3>
MapGuide Open Source <http://mapguide.osgeo.org/>