[mapguide-trac] #863: Stylization: image portion of fill symbol definition not clipped at polygon boundaries

MapGuide Open Source trac_mapguide at osgeo.org
Tue Jan 26 02:04:00 EST 2010

#863: Stylization: image portion of fill symbol definition not clipped at polygon
boundaries
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  andymorf           |         Owner:
     Type:  defect             |        Status:  new
Comment (by waltweltonlair):

 This is still an open issue.  Excerpt from a Feb. 2009 email with Traian:

 {{{
 [Walt]
 Clipping got added to AGG in December 2007, so before MGOS 2.0.2.

 https://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/changeset/2590
 https://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/changeset/2599
 https://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/changeset/2603

 In the first submission you noted that "more work is needed to make the
 alpha mask apply to text and images".  Could it be that we still don't
 support clipping of text / images?  It seems like the mask would apply to
 everything.

 [Traian]
 Perhaps the wrong rasterizer/renderer combo is used for rasters and text.
 I know that you need to use a specific one with the clip mask applied to
 make
 it work.
 }}}

--