[mapguide-trac] #1511: WFS: can't create layer against to the wfs feature source with multiple schemas

MapGuide Open Source trac_mapguide at osgeo.org
Thu Oct 28 21:18:37 EDT 2010

#1511: WFS: can't create layer against to the wfs feature source with multiple
schemas
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
   Reporter:  hubu             |       Owner:  hubu
       Type:  defect           |      Status:  new
  Component:  Feature Service  |     Version:  2.2.0
   Severity:  blocker          |    Keywords:
External_id:  1353078          |
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------

Comment(by hubu):

 This is actually a FDO issue. WFS only supports one "Real" schema.
 I can work out a workaround on MapGuide Server to avoid the exception
 throwing.
 The workaround is, before decribeschema, we don't set the
 classname/schemaname.
 If we set the schemaname before describeschema, the WFS provider will
 check whether the schemaname is the last one of schemacollection, if not
 the exception throws out.
 On the other hand, set the classname/schemaname is useless for MapGuide,
 the FDO still need to get all schemas from the server, and reture them to
 MapGuide Server. So set the schemaname doesn't improve the performance of
 MapGuide.
 I tested the fix against SDF/SHP/Orcale, it works fine for me.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/1511#comment:1>
MapGuide Open Source <http://mapguide.osgeo.org/>